Hair extensions have become very popular today. This can be attributed to the instant results that they offer to different hair needs. Fashion however remains to be the biggest reason why women go for extensions. You might find the extensions valuable if:
- You are bored with an old hairstyle and are looking for something new.
- You have had a bad haircut and need to cover up until hair grows back.
- You wish to add highlights to the hair to keep you fashionable without the use of chemicals.
- You are suffering from hair loss as a result of diseases like cancer.
- You have issues growing natural hair and yet you desire longer hair.
The best thing about hair extensions is that they are free of pain and they can last you long before requiring replacement. This also saves on costs. Natural hair extensions are purely made from real human hair. They come in different types with the kinky curly Yaki hair extensions being some of the most popular because of their beautiful look. There are so many factors that you need to consider when choosing extensions and they include the hair color, the length and the brand. Another important consideration that you must make is the extension type.
What types are available in the market today?
- Clip-ins – They are natural hair extensions designed in such a way that they simply need to be worn. They are attached to the hair root using a clip. They come in different lengths, colors and textures so you can easily find the most suitable for you. They are best for temporary hairstyle changes.
- Weaves – They are quite common and popular and offer longer hairstyle changes. They need professional service since they need to be stitched into cornrows. They can be done in different styles and designs to achieve the desired look.
- Integration – They are extensions very similar to wigs, but the natural hair is not left hidden as it is the case with wigs. In essence, they have a nylon web on which the extensions are attached. When fitted to the scalp, your natural hair is pulled through the tiny holes on the web. The end result is a blend of extensions and natural hair. You will also need the assistance of a hair expert to get the desired results with this type.
- Bonding extensions – They are rapidly gaining popularity and many celebrities prefer them since they are hard to recognize. Bonding glue is used to attach them to the scalp, keeping the hair tracks in place. They last longer and they can easily pass for real hair, especially since there is no evidence of any attachment as it is usually the case with weaves. This type is a little expensive over the others simply because of the process involved in getting the desired results.
My natural hair extensions are some of the best that you can go for. They are natural and when handled by a professional hair stylist, you can be sure to look your best and fashionable for that matter.